Friday, September 26, 2008

Week 6 Readings - Wikipedia Computer Network Article

This was one of the most clear articles explaining networks I've ever read. The section on switches was a bit more technical than I liked but enough explanatory information was provided that I was able to follow. I usually tell people I only want to know the bare minimum information needed about networks in order to function, but this actually was very well written and I was quite interested. Little did I know that I have a PAN right here in my home office. I would love it to be wireless--guess I should check into Bluetooth after all. I've been ignoring it. I work in computing but I hate cell phones and I associate Bluetooth with them. I live in a 108 year old house--it is very hard to hard wire everything! This gave me some motivation to check this out.

No comments: