Friday, October 17, 2008

Week 9 Readings - Extending your Markup: a XML tutorial by Andre Bergholz

Well, this is the third tutorial on XML and I still don't think I could start using it! I'm not sure that XML makes it easier for humans to read--computers, yes I agree with that. But I think I would have to have a purpose for XML first, and then a "learn by doing" session second before I can firmly grasp it. I do understand what it is, but I'm still not clear on how to do it, or where I would personally use it.

2 comments:

Megan1 said...

I agree that it would make it easier to understand if I were working with XML. Just reading about it, I find a little hard to understand. The lectures help too. That when I usually go oooh.

Liz said...

What's really interesting is that it never occurred to me that while I am having trouble understanding XML - it makes it easier for the computer to follow (obviously that means that I'm not fully grasping the beauty of code...but that's not particularly surprising since I am not a programmer).